A navigation bar is useful for event sites with numerous sections. To add a navigation bar on your event site, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Blocks and under Layout, select the NavBar element and place it in the desired location on your event site.
- Double-click on the text to edit or replace and to view the menu with bold, italics, underline, strikethrough, link, Insert Dynamic Elements and Insert Link to Other Event Page options.
- Determine the display Position. By default, the navigation bar will only display when viewing the top portion of the site. In order to maintain the navigation bar at the top while the visitor scrolls, select fixed as the position.
- Give each section of the site a meaningful ID value.
- Enter the ID of the section into the Href value of the appropriate link in the navbar. Make sure the ID is preceded by a hash (#) symbol. (For a video on how to do steps 4 and 5, please view Anchor Links support article.)
- Save and select View Event Page to test your navigation bar.
- The navbar menu will automatically collapse to a hamburger menu icon in mobile view.
- Select the hamburger icon to modify the expanded menu items state.
NOTE: Links on the navigation bar cannot be tested in Preview mode.