While Macs, iPhones, and iPads allow users to make a calendar event by tapping the event's date and time within an email, most email programs do not have this feature. Because of this, you may want to add links within a confirmation email, or the Confirmation Display Message, so guests can easily add the event to their calendar of choice.
- Under Event Info, click the calendar icon next to "Event Date & Time"
- Options for Apple Calendar, Google Calendar, and Yahoo Calendar
- Apple Calendar will create a .ICS file, which is the standard used by Outlook, Calendar for Mac and iOS, and other calendar programs
- Google and Yahoo will take a user to their respective account to add the event to their calendar
- Right-click the calendar option you want, then copy the link
- In your email design or web page, add some text, like, "Download to Outlook" > highlight text > Insert Link > paste the copied calendar link
- Repeat for the other calendar options, if desired