When guests RSVP or register for an event, they must provide first name, last name, and email address. With Registration Questions, you can gather additional information from guests during the RSVP or registration process.
Guest Information to Collect
Check the box next to the following options to make them required fields when registering:
- Job Title / Position
- Address / City / State
- Mobile Phone Number
These fields are tied to the guest's email address and contact card in Address Book. You must check the Mobile Phone Number box in order to use EFx SMS text messaging features.
If the above information should be optional, follow the process below to create a custom question. "Make Question Required" should be unchecked. Custom questions are not tied to the guest's contact card in Address Book, but are available in Guest List, Reports, and Check-In (iOS).
Add a Question
Select Add New Question to create a question and applicable options. Click and drag the question number to rearrange questions. Select Preview to see how questions will be presented when guests register.
Question Text: Type the question here.
Answer Type: The format in which guests will provide their answer
- Checkboxes, Radio Buttons, Dropdown: Requires answer options to be entered when creating. Answer Options can be rearranged by clicking and dragging the up/down arrows to the left of the option. Checkboxes and Dropdowns can be optional, but Radio Button questions are required.
- Paragraph: A larger text entry field
- Short Answer: A single line text entry field
- Select Date: A calendar. Select the left and right arrows to advance through months and years. Click on the year to type in the year. Dates are formatted YYYY-MM-DD.
- Sign Waiver: Waiver or release informing your guests of information they must acknowledge prior to RSVP or registration. Waivers cannot be made optional, and guests must type their first and last name in capital letters as shown on the registration page to accept the waiver.
Access Type: Each question can be asked for all Access Types, or one Access Type. (If a question needs to be asked of multiple Access Types but not all Access Types, create multiple questions and make each question required for each Access Type.)
Make Question Required: If checked, the question must be answered.
Individual Response Needed: Requires responses for each guest. If two guests are invited, answers will be required for both guests.