Min and Max Required Order Size applies to the entire event, across all available Access Types and their respective Registration Limit, and is visible to guests on the registration form.
MIN ORDER SIZE
The number set here is the minimum selection across all available Access Types and their respective Registration Limit that a guest must select to be able to proceed with event registration. If set to No Minimum, a guest doesn't need to meet any requirements to register for the event. Let's break this down using specific examples!
- Example 1: You are hosting a professional development workshop event, that is open to everyone in the public and will offer 4 different breakout sessions. Guests can only register for one spot in each session, and must register for at least two different sessions.
- In Event Access, you create a public registration Access Type for each session: Resume Review, Cover Letter Review, Mock Interview, and Headshot
- Set Registration Limit to "registered guest only" for each Access Type. This will prevent guests from registering for two or more spots within the same session.
- In Event Info & Settings, set Min Order Size to 2.
- When a guest registers for the event, they must register for one ticket from two different Access Types (i.e 1 Cover Letter Review and 1 Mock Interview) in order to meet the Min Order Size and continue registration.
- Example 2: Same event as above, however, you decide that each session will allow a guest to register for up to 2 tickets at a time.
- In each Access Type, set Registration Limit to Registered Guest + 1
- In Event Info & Settings, leave Min Order size as 2.
- If John Doe decides he wants his friend to join him for a Headshot session and selects 2 tickets for the Headshot session on the registration form, then he has met the minimum order size requirement and will be able to proceed registration.
- John Doe may also decide not to bring a friend, and register for two Headshot sessions himself, or one Headshot session and one other session.
Note: If a guest tries to proceed through registration without meeting the Min Order Size, they will receive a message displaying the Min Order Size and must meet the requirement to proceed.
Max Order Size
The number set here is the maximum selection across all available Access Types and their respective Registration Limit that a guest can select when registering for the event. A guest will not be able to exceed the number listed in this section. If set to No Minimum, a guest can register for as many Access Types and up to the max Registration Limit as they choose.
Example: If an event's Max Order Size is set to 2, and the Access Type's Registration Limit is set to Registered Guest + 1, the guest may register for one ticket of two sessions, or two tickets from one session. Both options will cause the guest to hit the Max Order of 2.
Note: If a guest tries to proceed through registration and have exceeded the Max Order Size, they will receive a message displaying the Max Order Size and must update their selection in order to proceed.
Setting Min/Max Order Size to the same number
It's possible to set both Min Order Size and Max Order Size to the same number to restrict guests from registering for more than you desire. For example, if both are set to 1, a guest must choose 1 Access Type and can only register for 1 ticket.
Min/Max Order Size for private (invitation) Access Types
Guests added and invited to any invitation (Invite to RSVP and Invite to Purchase including first come, first served options) Access Type must have the same number of tickets that is set in Min Order Size in order to be able to RSVP or purchase a ticket to the event.
Example: If Min Order Size is set to 2, but the guest is invited with only 1 Guest per Invitation, they will not be able to RSVP for your event, because they do not meet the Min Order Size requirement of 2.